- WONC - Volunteer at WONC-FM 89.1, considered to be one of the top college radio stations in the country. No other station has won as many Marconi awards for excellence in college radio.
- Forensics - Participate in North Central’s nationally known, highly ranked intercollegiate speech team. Travel across the country competing in team and individual events in such areas as oral interpretation, public speaking and debate. Scholarships available.
- Cardinal Video/NCTV17 - Help write, shoot and edit North Central’s new student-produced show “NCC Today” for local cable station, NCTV17. A great way to learn TV production techniques.
- Mock Trial - Argue a criminal or civil case and compete against major college and university teams in the American Mock Trial Association. Work with local lawyers, judges and crime scene investigators.
- Internships - Intern at Chicagoland radio or TV stations, with local businesses, with nonprofits and churches, or with government agencies.
- Field trips - Join classmates on visits to an editorial board meeting at the Chicago Tribune, to a screening at the Chicago International Film Festival or to a taping of the “Oprah Winfrey” show.
- Study abroad - Enroll in our own Costa Rica, London and Japan/China programs, or participate in any number of international exchanges programs from other institutions.
- Independent research - Design your own research project and apply to obtain a Richter Independent Study Fellowship for travel funding and project development. Present your research at the Rall Symposium.