Chicago Term is an academic immersion in one of the most culturally diverse, dynamic and renowned cities in the country. You’ll use Chicago as your classroom, performing research and completing internships that complement your major.
North Central College’s leading scholars teach Chicago Term classes. Field trips, walking tours, dynamic speakers, neighborhood research projects and museum and library visits are just some of the ways that you’ll step out of the typical classroom during Chicago Term.
The benefits of Chicago Term include extensive internship options. A Chicago-based internship is not required but it is highly encouraged. The city offers many opportunities to gain skills and build your résumé at businesses and not-for-profit organizations. The College’s Office of Career Development can help you locate appropriate internship sites that may jumpstart career experiences and options.
You’ll have the option to live in downtown Chicago or commute via the Metra train between Naperville and Union Station in Chicago. If you choose to live in the city, you can experience a new way of life that is similar to studying abroad, but only a short distance from Naperville. Students share a modern, four-bedroom apartment in the Greektown neighborhood.
During Chicago Term you can:
- Immerse yourself in a thriving cultural atmosphere.
- Live in downtown Chicago or commute via the Metra train.
- Take distinctive Chicago-themed classes.
- Fulfill general education and major and minor requirements.
- Visit historical and acclaimed Chicago establishments.
- Collect data for neighborhood research projects.
- Gain valuable business contacts through internships.
- Participate in a host of volunteer and service options.