ESL at North Central College
North Central College has three opportunities for English as a Second Language:
1. Summer Language Institute: Each summer the Office of International Programs welcomes late high-school and college-age students from all over the world to study intensive ESL (18-20 hours a week of class). Dormitories are provided and students may live off-campus if they have family in the area at a lower cost. Package includes program fee, books, supplies, 2-3 activities or field trips per week, student health insurance, and room and board for on campus students. The program is considered full-time and an I-20 to apply for an F-1 student visa is provided to applicants fulfilling the application requirements.
2. Academic ESL Classes: These academic year classes are offered for those students who are already enrolled in a full-time program of study at North Central College and are looking for some language support. Community members with visa statuses that allow them to study part-time may also enroll in these courses.
3. English Language Institute: North Central is pleased to announce the opening of its English Language Institute (ELI), a full-time, noncredit, intensive English program. The Institute is designed to prepare international students for admission to a U.S. college or university by developing academic, professional and social English language skills.
Beginning in fall 2013, the ELI will offer full-time courses, with 20 hours of weekly classroom instruction, at two levels of English language proficiency:
- high intermediate (admitting students with TOEFL iBT scores of 54-60)
- advanced (for students with TOEFL iBT scores of 61-67)
Please contact Jesús Velasco at 630-637-5299 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information regarding eligibility for the above opportunities.
See each individual link for registration information.