Midwest Students Re-Entry Conference
Please join us at the Midwest Students Re-Entry Conference
Saturday, February 15th
White Activities Center
North Central College
325 E. Benton Avenue, Naperville, IL 60540
The primary purpose of the conference is to explore ways of integrating the study abroad experience into a student's life upon return. Participants will be encouraged to think about their future plans and look at ways of making good use of their study abroad experience in their personal and professional plans.
The conference will include a keynote speaker, an exhibition hall, and three blocks of con-current sessions. We are planning a variety of topics for our concurrent sessions including State Department/Foreign Service work, volunteer/social justice opportunities, teaching jobs abroad, positions in International Education, jobs in International Business, and graduate school programs/fellowships.
While attending the conference, you will:
• Learn about international opportunities in careers, continued education, volunteer work
• Internationalize your resume
• Share your photos and stories with interested peers
• Discover how to go abroad again
The Midwest study abroad re-entry conference is designed to help students make the best possible use of their study abroad experience as they begin to plan their futures. The conference will provide a wide range of information and offer special sessions on:
• Readjusting to the USA
• Exploring international careers
• Finding opportunities to go abroad again
• Investigating graduate programs
• Learning how to enter the field of university-level international education
• Locating teaching jobs abroad
• Considering international government careers pursuing work in social justice and international public service
Register for the Conference
To register, please contact Ms. Bessma Shammas, Office Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-637-5132.
Please note, there is a $5.00 conference fee for all non-North Central College students.
For questions, concerns, or additional information, please contact Ms. Kimberly Larsson, Director of Study Abroad, at email@example.com or 630-637-5289.
Parking: there is free four-hour parking on streets throughout North Central College campus.
Dining in Naperville: Downtown Naperville is approximately 6 blocks from the White Activities Center and has many dining options. Please, see link for more information. http://www.dinenaperville.com/.