Video Scholarship Competition
2016-2017 Study Abroad
Video Scholarship Competition
The Office of International Programs is pleased to announce that it will, again, offer the Study Abroad Video Scholarship; a scholarship for those North Central College students who studied abroad during the 2016-2017 academic year. This scholarship serves two main purposes: it gives you a chance to create a unique kind of reflection on your study abroad experience, and it provides other students with helpful information about your program.
We are asking that your application take the form of a five-minute video that could be used to promote study abroad at North Central College. You can decide what photos, text, and music you’d like to use; all we ask is that you select those that best represent the academic, cultural, and personal aspects of your experience that were most memorable and meaningful. No inappropriate subject matter (e.g., sex, alcohol, violence) should be included.
Note: At least 50% of your video must be video foootage, while the other 50% can be photos. Videos comprised only of photos or photo slideshows will not meet the requirements for the competition.
Application/Video Submission Deadline
Video submissions are due Friday, March 3, 2017
2015-2016 Video Scholarship Competition winners:
First Place: Anna Mancl studied at Beijing Language and Culture University in Beijing, China: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R12e_O8rFCs&feature=youtu.be
Second Place: Morgan Mason studied abroad at University of Limerick in Limerick, Ireland : https://youtu.be/gB35UU9F6mM
Third Place: Aaron Williams studied at Shanghai Institute of Finance and Economics in Shaghai, China: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WdxjnQyy4g&feature=youtu.be
Three scholarships will be awarded: $500, $300, and $200 for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
Eligibility and Rules
• Videos should focus on the most significant academic, cultural, and personal factors in your experience; you can decide how to select and connect your examples.
• All videos should be submitted to Whitney Ewing, Study Abroad Advisor, at email@example.com. Video files may be too large, please use https://www.wetransfer.com/ (it's free!) to securely email your video. If you are having trouble using WeTransfer or sending your video, you may bring in a flash drive containing your video to Abe House and Whitney will save it to her computer directly.
• Videos must be less than 1024 MB and no longer than five minutes, as they will be posted on the Study Abroad Facebook page and our website.
• Videos will be judged according to these criteria: level of interest generated in the viewer; effectiveness of organization; quality of text, photos, and music; clarity of content.
• This form must be signed, dated, and submitted—indicating that your video becomes the property of the Office of International Programs upon submission and that we may use the video for promotional purposes.
• At least 50% of your video must be video foootage, while the other 50% can be photos. Videos comprised only of photos or photo slideshows will not meet the requirements for the competition.
Please note: All submissions become the property of NCC’s Office of International Programs for use in any future publications and publicity.