How to Apply as a Freshman
You may apply for admission throughout the year, although we encourage you to do so in the fall of your senior year. We review applications on a rolling basis. Once we have your complete file for admission, you’ll hear from your admission counselor in two to three weeks.
A complete file for admission consists of:
Select one of the following:
- Download a printable version
- Call 630-637-5800 to request an application by mail
- Email us at email@example.com to request an application by mail
2. Official high school transcript and any college work attempted
(download our Transcript Request Form and send directly to your previously attended schools to request official transcripts)
3. Official ACT or SAT scores (official scores on a high school transcript will be accepted)
4. OPTIONAL information we will consider:
- Writing samples
- Letters of recommendation
- Documentation of extenuating circumstances
What classes should I take at my high school to prepare myself for life at North Central?
To make your transition into college easier, we recommend you take the college preparatory curriculum offered at your high school. This typically consists of:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (including algebra and geometry, one course beyond geometry is preferred)
- 3 years of science (including 2 years of lab sciences)
- 3 years of social sciences
- Multiple years of the same foreign language are strongly recommended. For more information about the foreign language graduation requirement for a bachelor of arts degree, please refer to the graduation requirement section.
What are your admission requirements?
Because we look at each application on an individual basis, we encourage you to contact your admission counselor to discuss your individual circumstances. While not required, you may wish to submit additional information such as:
- An admission essay
- Updated transcripts
- An admission interview
- New ACT or SAT score
When should I apply and receive a decision?
We begin reviewing applications the first week of October. Our rolling admission process means we’ll continue to review applications until summer or until the class is full. Once we receive all the necessary documents, we’ll review your application promptly and your admission counselor will contact you. We’ll notify you of our decision within two to three weeks.