North Central College - Naperville, IL

Conditional Admission

Are you interested in an undergraduate degree or graduate degree at North Central College, but need to develop your English language skills before starting a degree program? If you answer yes to this question, then conditional admission may be a good option for you.

Conditional Admission: An Overview

Who is eligible for conditional admission?

North Central College offers conditional admission to undergraduate and graduate students whose:

  • academic record qualifies them for admission to a North Central College degree program.
  • level of English proficiency is lower than admission requirements.

How do I exit the English Language Institute and start my degree program?

Students who choose conditional admission must complete the following requirements:

  • Minimum one term of English Language Institute study. Students are tested and placed in the appropriate level during orientation. If a student scores well on the placement test, he or she may be able to take credit undergraduate classes while in the English Language Institute.
  • Minimum final grade of B- (80%) or higher in all English Language Institute courses
  • Passing score on exit exams
  • Program Director and Instructor Recommendations

Undergraduate Conditional Admission

How do I apply for undergraduate conditional admission?
Detailed undergraduate application instructions can be found on our International Undergraduate Admission page.

Graduate Conditional Admission

How to I apply for graduate conditional admission?

Each graduate program has different application requirements. 

  • Visit the Graduate Programs website and select the program in which you are interested. 
  • Complete the application 60 days (or more) before the program start date and indicate that you are interested in conditional admission.
  • Submit the English Language Institute application fee using the Credit Card Payment Authorization Form.


More information about undergraduate and graduate degree program admission can be found on our International Admission page.