North Central College - Naperville, IL

150 Moments: A.A. Smith House, built in 1885 and restored to College in 2008

A.A. Smith House, restored
In the 1880s, the A.A. Smith House was a social center and home to the College’s first president. Its legacy continues today and into the future.

In 2008, Bart and Maricela ’99 Madden donated the A.A. Smith House at 28 S. Loomis St. and most of its contents to North Central College. The Maddens had purchased the house in 1999 and spent years renovating and furnishing it in the Eastlake Victorian style in which it was originally designed.

Syndicate content