North Central College - Naperville, IL

150 Moments: Meiley-Swallow Hall has faith beginnings

Meiley-Swallow Hall, today
Built in 1909 with connections to founders of North Central College, the red brick church was acquired by the College and renamed Meiley-Swallow Hall in 2007.

Dedicated in 2007 as an academic and fine arts building, North Central College’s Meiley-Swallow Hall has connections to founders of the College.

The Evangelical Association was the founding church of North Central College. When the College relocated to Naperville in 1870, the Zion “Old Brick Church” Congregation (now Community United Methodist Church) was instrumental in funding the College’s relocation expenses and became the religious home of many of the professors and their families.

Syndicate content