Saturday Enrichment Program
Are you looking for a challenge for your academically talented child from 4 years to grade 9?
The Center for Talent Development at Northwestern University, in collaboration with North Central College, is offering its popular Saturday Enrichment Program on the North Central College campus, again this fall. The fall eight-week program begins on September 29th at 9:00 a.m. The winter eight-week program begins in January 2013 at 9:00 a.m. The spring six-week session begins in April and ends in May.
For more information, visit www.ctd.northwestern.edu/sep or call 847-491-3782, ext 4.
Benefits of the Program:
- Intellectual Peers. Students enjoy spending Saturdays with other students who love to learn.
- Powerful Instruction. Master teachers from the Chicagoland area are chosen for their content expertise, enthusiasm, creativity, and experience with gifted learners.
- Challenging Courses. Courses are designed to stimulate and stretch the academic skills of gifted learners.
- Exposure to New Academic Territory. Students are often exposed to courses and disciplines not traditionally covered in school.
- Acceleration and Enrichment. Students move at a pace more appropriate to their abilities and delve deeper into content traditionally covered in school.
- Courses for High School Credit. This year, SEP is offering Integrated Science Honors in Naperville. The fall session is biology, the winter session is physics, and the spring session is chemistry.
SEP at Northwestern University's Center for Talent Development (CTD) offers enriching and challenging courses for academically talented PreK-9th grade students in Evanston and Naperville. SEP supplements regular school curricula and explores areas of science, mathematics, and humanities at a pace and in a setting compatible with students' abilities. The academically challenging courses are designed to promote interdisciplinary study, focus learning around key concepts, and foster the development of independent learning strategies.