J. Guy Woodward
Outstanding Alumni Award Winner 1973
J. Guy Woodward joined the research department of RCA in Camden, J.J., in 1942 and later that year, moved to the newly-formed RCA Laboratories in Princeton, N.J. His research was in a variety of fields – including the study of vehicular radio noise, underwater sound, electromechanical feedback devices, musical acoustics, stereophonic sound reproduction, disc-phonography recording, magnetic tape recording and digital magnetic recording. He was a member f the research team that conducted the first public demonstration of video tape records of television signals in color and black-and-white in 1953.