Why choose actuarial science at North Central College?
We’re one of the few schools with a full-fledged actuarial science major offered jointly by two departments—mathematics and finance. This exposure to “both sides of the house” will vastly expand your job options after graduation. And because we keep our classes small, you’ll receive all the personal attention you need to prepare for the probability and financial mathematics exams you’ll need to pass before working in the field.
You can also:
- Conduct research with your professors as early as your first year on campus.
- Attend local, regional and national professional conferences.
- Gain hands-on experience by interning in the Naperville area and Chicago.
- Obtain extra help from a peer tutor—or become one yourself.
- Join the mathematics honor society Pi Mu Epsilon.