Why choose athletic training at North Central College?
We do more than prepare you for a career niche; we provide you with an understanding of athletic training and its role in the rapidly changing health care system. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education, our curriculum covers evidence-based practice, prevention, examination, acute care, therapeutic interventions and health care administration. You’ll have the chance to gain experience through our clinical education program, including rotations in our three fully equipped athletic training facilities and a variety of other settings. Upon graduation you will be eligible to take the Board of Certification exam.
You can also:
- Join Cardinal Athletic Training Students, a student-led group.
- Benefit from the guidance of upper-class mentors in the program.
- Learn from faculty with vast and varied experience.
- Gain clinical experience in a competitive NCAA Division III athletic program, area high schools and clinics.
- Attend local, state, regional and national symposiums.
- Volunteer to share your skills for major sporting events (Chicago Marathon, Special Olympics, etc.).