Why choose biology at North Central College?
You’ll delve into scientific research from day one as a biology major at North Central. Our research-rich curriculum and opportunities and collaboration with faculty on real-world research projects will help you develop the skills of a scientist. You may present your findings at North Central’s own Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research or at a national conference, and you may even publish your work. You’ll gain broad experience from molecules and cells to organisms and ecological systems and prepare yourself for a career in research, medicine, education, environment or biotechnology.
You can also:
- Apply for our funded summer research program.
- Attend on-campus seminar presentations by students, alumni and professionals in your field.
- Conduct field research locally or at a remote site.
- Work with a dedicated pre-health advisor and the Pre-Health Organization for students.
- Join the Beta Beta Beta biological honor society.
- Minor in environmental studies, neuroscience or bioinformatics.
- Study at the Shedd Aquarium or Morton Arboretum.
- Be a student lab assistant.
To learn more about experiences and opportunities here at North Central College as a biology major, click here.