Why choose music education at North Central College?
You’ll combine your performance training with classroom teaching experience as early as your first year. And you’ll complete your degree in just four years (most comparable programs require five).
You’ll also enjoy more face time in front of students—150 clinical teaching hours—than typically required. Why? Because we know the additional teaching and conducting experience will hone your skills, boost your confidence and help lead to competitive full-time teaching positions. Graduates of North Central enjoy a nearly 100 percent placement rate.
You can also:
- Choose to perform in a variety of campus venues and ensembles—our more than 20 student groups range from small to large instrumental ensembles and choral ensembles.
- Student-teach in Naperville-area, high-performing school districts; you’ll use their new technologies, learn from their great teachers, and make valuable connections with their administrators.
- Learn to teach in high-need areas through our partnerships with schools in Aurora and Chicago (scholarships and incentives are often available).
- Attend the Chicago Symphony Orchestra or Lyric Opera every week, as some students have done—Chicago is just a short train ride away.
- Earn scholarships with most ensembles.