Why choose organizational communication at North Central College?
Become a writer, presenter, team member and speaker and understand the dimensions of communication in professional settings like business, nonprofits, media, technology firms, government and other organizations. You'll learn to craft messages for different audiences, both internal (human resources and employee training) and external (media relations, sales and customer service). North Central offers classes that combine theory with practical application, like group process, which requires teams of students to plan and stage fundraising events for nonprofit organizations. Organizational communication majors are advised to specialize in a second academic area like journalism, marketing, human resources, sociology or interactive media studies depending on their career goals.
You may also:
- Analyze the organizational communication at local and Chicago organizations.
- Pursue competitive internships on campus and in Naperville and Chicago.
- Join the honor society Lambda Pi Eta.
- Become involved in student government and with campus offices such as admission and ministry and service.
- Conduct research and present your findings at professional conferences or at North Central's own Rall Symposium for Undergraduate Research.