Why choose physics at North Central College?
Physicists study the tiny particles that can help solve the biggest mysteries of the universe. At North Central, you’ll join those scientists. Full-time professors teach all of our science courses—no teaching assistants here—so, from day one you’ll work side by side with the experts, both in the lab and in the classroom. You’ll gain the research and academic experience you’ll need to pursue graduate studies, a career in the physics industry or a teaching position.
You may also:
- Select a degree track in physics, physics teaching or engineering.
- Obtain laboratory training in electrical and optical measurements, analog and digital electronics, and advanced experimental physics.
- Present your research findings at local, state and national conferences.
- Gain valuable work experience through an internship at a nearby corporate or government research laboratory, such as Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia or Argonne National Laboratory near Lemont.
- Tap into the professional networks of our professors and alumni.