Why choose pre-occupational therapy at North Central College?
Occupational therapists help people improve their ability to perform tasks in living and working environments. A master’s degree or higher in occupational therapy is typically required for entry into the field.
North Central College can provide you with the solid undergraduate foundation you’ll need to pursue studies in occupational therapy. You’ll study biology, psychology, and other areas. You’ll be pushed to develop excellent writing and communication skills that occupational therapists must have to work with patients.
You can also:
- Gain valuable experience conducting research with faculty, independently or with other students.
- Personally get to know professors who teach North Central’s small classes.
- Pursue job shadowing and volunteer opportunities at numerous facilities near North Central’s Chicago-area campus, including Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital in Wheaton.
- Work with North Central's dedicated pre-health advisor.
- Network with alumni and peers through North Central’s student-run Pre-Health Organization.