Why choose secondary education at North Central College?
Our secondary education graduates enjoy rewarding careers at nationally ranked high schools and middle schools. That’s no surprise, since our full-time faculty mentors you through a rigorous curriculum and field experience schedule, then help you identify the opportunities that will make all the difference for your education and your career. The Illinois State Board of Education, using National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards, recognizes North Central College as fully accredited in art, biology, chemistry, English, history, math, music and physical education and foreign language certifications in Spanish, French and German.
You can also:
- Acquire excellent teacher preparation at renowned middle and high schools.
- Prepare for state licensure to begin your teaching career.
- Gain a special education endorsement through the Learning Behavior Specialist I (LBS I) concentration.
- Meet potential employers at on-campus job fairs.
- Major in a field in which you want to teach, such as art, music, the sciences, history or English.