Why choose sociology at North Central College?
You’ll use your knowledge and experience to promote social justice while exploring careers in public service like social work, criminal justice and community activism. Working closely with our outstanding professors, you can conduct research here and abroad and have the chance to witness urban issues firsthand during Chicago Term. You'll be ready to make a difference in the world around you after you study topics like family, poverty, urban life, juvenile delinquency and race/ethnicity.
You can also:
- Choose a concentration in criminal justice, community studies or general sociology.
- Learn more about the community through service-learning projects and volunteer opportunities.
- Join Uncommon Life movement, a campus group that helps settle refugee families.
- Apply for a Richter Independent Study Fellowship grant to fund your research anywhere in the world.
- Pair your interest in sociology with anthropology and complete a single combined major in sociology and anthropology.
- Join the Alpha Kappa Delta sociology honor society.