If you were excited about North Central’s Homecoming celebration in 2008—with the dedication of Wentz Concert Hall and Madden Theatre in the Fine Arts Center, the presentations of Fine Arts Medals, alumni awards and premiere concert performances in the Wentz—wait til you see what’s planned for this year’s Homecoming.
Here are some of the not-to-miss events that are free and open to the entire campus community:
Friday, Oct. 24
• 4 p.m., Wentz Concert Hall: Outstanding Alumni Awards and Recognition Ceremony
with performances by the Concert Choir, Women’s Chorale and Concert Winds. Recipients of the 2009 Outstanding Alumni Awards are Holly Humphrey ’79, John Novak ’64, Richard Tholin ’49 and Donald Wolfensberger ’64. Recipient of the Alumni Recognition Award is Gwendolyn Graff ’94 and Mironda Heston ’02 will be named to the Wall of Witness. Betty Muehl ’46 Lyden and Genevieve Scheffner Spiegler ’49 will be awarded Class Representative of the Year and Eric Young ’09 will receive the Cardinal Pride Cup.
• 6 p.m., Res/Rec Center: Dedication of the Residence Hall/Recreation Center
, including the Al Carius Track and Gramarosso Gallery
, tours of both the residence and recreation areas
• 7 p.m., A.A. Smith House: Dedication of the Smith House
• 7:30 p.m., Wentz Concert Hall: Annual Homecoming Concert, featuring the Concert Choir, Women’s Chorale and Concert Winds
Saturday, Oct. 25
• 11 a.m., Wentz Concert Hall: Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
• 12 p.m., Championship Plaza: Homecoming celebration
• 12:30 p.m., Brainard Street: Homecoming parade
• 2 p.m., Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium: Cardinals vs. Wheaton College in pursuit of the Little Brass Bell trophy
In addition, there will be tours of the A.A. Smith House on Friday and Saturday, alumni volleyball and football games, Tom Purcell Baseball Classic, a volleyball game vs. Wheaton College, morning run with the cross country team, and opportunities to see the play Love Song
. See you there!