Students: As you make plans to move out, North Central wants your used and unwanted items. The College will provide a moving truck at each dorm location (see list below) on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, June 7-9, where you can donate anything you don’t plan on taking with you that can be reused or recycled. Those items may include futons, lamps, chairs, school supplies, mini refrigerators, microwaves, clothes, room carpets and rugs.
The maintenance department has been recycling used carpets for awhile and takes them to a carpet reclamation program at PCI FlorTech, Inc., where they’re reused to make green flooring products and diverted from landfills. You can drop off your carpets and rugs at any time at the locations designated below.
Reusable items drop-off locations, times:
- Kimmel Hall & Seybert Hall: 10-11 a.m.
- Student Village, Schneller Hall, Seager Hall: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Geiger Hall & Rall Hall: 1-2 p.m.
- Ward Hall & Patterson Hall: 2-3:30 p.m.
- Res/Rec Center: 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- Naper Place: Email Abby Hahne at email@example.com to make arrangements for pickup.
Carpet drop-off locations:
- Seybert Hall lounge
- Seager Hall game room
- Schneller Hall basement in residence life room
- Student Village outside canopy between A & B towers
- Rall Hall first floor lounge
- Patterson Hall first floor lounge
- Ward Hall first floor multipurpose room
- Res/Rec Center garage area
For more information contact Abby Hahne, sustainability coordinator, at 630-637-5623 or firstname.lastname@example.org