Instructional Services LibrarianMar. 04, 2013North Central College would like to take this opportunity to announce that applications are now being accepted for the full-time, exempt position of Instructional Services Librarian. The Instructional Services Librarian will provide library services to Oesterle Library patrons. In conjunction with the Director of Library Services, the Instructional Service Librarian will also oversee the library’s Information Literacy and Instruction Program, oversee library publications and exhibits, and participate in reference and collection development activities. General Responsibilities:
- Oversee library’s Course Integrated Library Research Instruction Program. In conjunction with the Director of Library Services, develop and evaluate information literacy and instruction policies and procedures.
- Teach or assist with the teaching of course integrated instructional sessions and/or credit courses with students, faculty and staff, which may include team-teaching.
- Prepare instructional materials, maintain digital tools like LibGuides, and collaborate with others when appropriate.
- Publicize program; compile program statistics; assist with library staff continuing education program.
- Edit library publications and creates exhibits.
- Participate in reference and collection development activities. Provide reference service at scheduled times; serve as a library liaison to particular division, which includes annual collection development and library instruction responsibilities.
- With the Director’s approval, may participate in library grant applications.
- Regularly assess the library’s instructional services.
- Cooperate as a team member with the library services staff in performing any duties essential to efficient library operations.
- Attend seminars and training sessions to improve or update position oriented skills and knowledge, when appropriate and funds permit.
- Participate in local, state and national library organizations, when appropriate and funds permit.
- Fulfill other job related duties as assigned by designated supervisor(s).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to consistently demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with persons both internal and external to the College, in person, on the telephone and electronically.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a staff where cooperation and teamwork are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in development and maintenance of digital instruction materials.
- Reference experience and knowledge of reference tools, automated systems, online searching and information technology is required.
- Ability to communicate in the English language, both orally and in writing, in a manner which will reflect positively on the College.
- Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution is required.
- Teaching or library instruction experience is required. Web design experience is strongly preferred. Collection development experience in an academic library setting is desired.
Application deadline: Open until filled
This is only a brief description of the position.
If you meet the above qualifications and wish to be considered a candidate for this position, please submit your materials electronically, including a letter of interest, resume, and names and telephone numbers of three professional references, by using our online application. You may also submit the above application materials to:
North Central College, Office of Human Resources, 30 N. Brainard St., Naperville, IL 60540
Or via Fax: 630-637-5755
Or via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org