Alumni Resources: COVID-19
During these uncertain times the COVID-19 pandemic has created, we in the Office of Alumni Engagement extend our most heartfelt thoughts and prayers to the North Central family. To stay informed with official COVID-19 updates, visit this webpage. Below you will find a collection of additional resources - some informative, some fun, some spiritual - to serve as a reminder that we will get through this and that it is still a GREAT day to be a Cardinal!
Click Below to View Message from President Hammond Recorded March 17, 2020:
Stay Engaged with NC
Now, more than ever, it is vital to stay in touch with friends and family, including your Cardinal community. Share personal and professional news with your classmates and keep us up-to-date with how to keep you informed.
Stay Close While Social-Distancing
We are all doing our part to help #FlattenTheCurve. Follow us on social media, check out these stories, and share what you are doing during the #NCCardinalQuarantine.
- June 18 - North Central College Town Hall Recording. Watch here!
- Visit the diversity, equity and inclusion page to see how the College is striving to be a more inclusive environment and to leave your feedback!
- June 6 - President Hammond's Message on Naperville Police Department Presence
- June 5 - San Francisco Chronicle: Tiny school, small bonus, big dream: 49ers rookie QB Rutter aims to beat the odds
- June 3 - "At North Central College, consistent with our values, Black Lives Matter." Message from President Hammond
- May 20 - Listen to the American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) Podcast episode with Head Baseball Coach Ed Mathey ’86 and his son Mickey Mathey ’20 who played for his dad for 2 years in college.
- May 14 - THANK YOU for a record breaking Day of Giving!
- May 7 - View the May Alumni Newsletter with recent graduates Anna Halverson ’20 and Oscar Garcia ’18 M’20
- May 4 - Watch the 2020 Commencement Webcast! Congrats, Grads!
- April 30 - Read about the College's new Master of Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) program
- Read a story about our Commencement Webcast set for May 3.
- April 26 - NC's National Championship QB, Broc Rutter Inks Free-Agent Deal with 49ers
- April 7 - View the April Alumni Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Instagram
- Join our LinkedIn Alumni Network
Rock out While Decked Out In NC Pride
- Need some tunes to get you through your #NCCardinalQuarantine? Check out WONC radio station for commercial free listening!
- Grab new NC gear at the online Campus Store!
Break a Sweat
Join @nccrecsports live on Instagram on MWF @ 5:30pm for some HIIT classes
During times of uncertainty, it is important to maintain your spiritual well-being. Visit this webpage to check out resources offered by North Central College's Office of Faith & Action, including their FOCUS instagram page.
- 12:5 Summer Series
May 12 - Rev. Eric Doolittle, College Chaplain
June 9 - Brian Rainville, Director Faith and Action
July 14 - Daniel Wallace, Focus Co-President / Class of 2021
Please save the dates, and bookmark this link for each worship service.
- College Chaplain Rev. Eric Doolittle's Thursday Thoughts -
- Listen to previously recorded 12:5 services, which include lively music and a devotional message from Cardinals.The name of this worship service and its purpose are rooted in Romans 12:5, which reads: “In the same way, though there are many of us, we are one body in Christ, and individually we belong to each other.”
- Listen to The Lux Veritas Speaker Series - conversations with leaders whose faith motivates them to transform the world. Inspired by our college seal, a lamp representing “light” and a book representing “truth”, these events connect us with leaders that explore important issues in a spirit of truth while spreading light into the world as a means to live out our purpose.
Cardinals and Career Resources
Visit the Office of Career Services resource webpage for helpful information for your career search.
- Watch the previously recorded live webinar hosted by Gina Malito '01 McClowry, Nothing to Sneeze At: Improving Your Job Search Hygiene
- April 24 - Check out this article by Liz Composto '15 Schweitzer on how to make the best of your workspace at home.
- Join NC Career Development at noon every Wednesday to discuss the job market, internships, best preparation techniques, and grad school? https://bit.ly/3bxBUGC
- April 21 - Career consultant, Gina Malito '01 McClowry's insightful LinkedIn post regarding entering today's workforce.
- Job Search powered by Handshake- Request your alumni access to employers, jobs and online resources through Handshake. (Recent graduates can email email@example.com to request to keep their current profiles.)
- Watch dozens of helpful videos on interviewing skills, resume prep, salary negotiation and even why you should google yourself.
From NC Faculty, Staff and Students
- April 24 - Marci J. Swede, dean of the school of education and health sciences, was quoted in a recent Aurora Beacon-News article.
- April 19 - On a recent national@NewsHour, North Central College #firstgeneration students Arabia Patino ’20 and Aricela Mendez ’20 shared what an interrupted school year due to the global pandemic means for them. For the full segment, visit https://bit.ly/2KacBOw
- Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and Professor of Political Science Stephen Maynard Caliendo conducted a phone interview with Fox 32 Chicago, where he discussed politics amid the global pandemic. To watch the full interview, visit https://bit.ly/2yY5l6e
- North Central's Patrick Gray, a half-time assistant professor of economics and finance, discussed the Stimulus Bill and recent unemployment numbers with @fox32news. For the full interview, visit https://bit.ly/34pXidY.
- Some tips from Cardinal students on how to stay healthy during #NCCardinalQuarantine
- Professor of Political Science, @wjmuck went live with @WGNNews this past Friday to discuss the presidential campaigns amid the COVID-19 pandemic. For the full interview, visit https://bit.ly/2xP3Q9P.
- In the time of a #pandemic, those who hire in-home cleaning services might hesitate. Dr. Ashwani Garg, North Central's medical director of the physician assistant program, shares his guidance and personal experience in the @nytimes: https://bit.ly/3bD8uGI
- Professor of Psychology Jon Mueller sheds light on common responses to global pandemics, such as flocking to stores and stockpiling necessities. Learn what fuels these responses in the full @chicagotribune article here: https://bit.ly/2WK0Yp6
- Dyson Wellness Center counselor Rachel Weaver Rivera and her daughter Hadley, were featured by ABC-7’s Localish for their philanthropic efforts during the shelter-in-place orders. Check out the news piece here.
- Geneva Pedersen ’99 and Rena Pedersen ’06 donated 1300 mini loaves of their Treasure Bread. Read about it on Facebook, here.
- Bringing their entrepreneurial skills to the front lines, a purchase of @NCCEnactus signature coffee will be donated to local healthcare employees working around the clock. Learn more here.
- Partnership with City of Naperville
- Josh Stumpenhorst '03 Uses 3D Printers to Make Masks
Download Coloring Pages #FutureNCCardinals
Click the Yellow Button Below the Image to Download and Print (PDF)!
Sweet Sights and Sounds
Our talented students in the Concert Choir, Women’s Chorale, Chamber Singers, Cardinal Chorus sound amazing...and so do our guest alums.
- Our 30-voice Virtual Choir Project, comprised of singers from the Concert Choir and Women’s Chorale, produced by Axel Hageman ‘23 with assistance of Abby Risner ’21 and Sara Mokrzycka ’21 and under the direction of Dr. Ramona Wis.
- North Central's Senior #Art Exhibition, Coterie; Collusion celebrates the achievements of graduating art and design seniors. Follow along virtually on #Instagram as new senior artwork will be posted daily: https://bit.ly/2XExcm4
- Concert Choir performs “Afternoon on a Hill,” (Eric Barnum) at Homecoming Concert 2019
- Enjoy a concert from this holiday season.
- Women's Chorale in NYC (2019)
- Alyssa Allgood '14 shares her gift of song during her #NCCardinalQuarantine - Video #1
- Alyssa Allgood '14 shares her gift of song during her #NCCardinalQuarantine - Video #2
Virtual Book Discussion
- Cardinals and Shimerians alike are invited to socialize-while-social-distancing in late-medieval Florentine style. Join a Zoom chat to discuss Giovanni Boccaccio's Decameron, written just after the Black Plague affected Florence and the rest of Europe and Asia in the mid-1340s. For more information and link to join upcoming discussions, email Stuart Patterson, Chair of Shimer Great Books School, at firstname.lastname@example.org.