Results of Project Move Out: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Relocate
Jun 23, 2014
Results are in—and they’re good! Project Move Out 2014 helped reduce overall waste as members of the North Central College campus community moved out of residence hall rooms, offices and more at the end of 2013-2014 academic year.
Here’s the good news:
• 1,000-plus lbs. of electronics, from TVs to lamps, were recycled.
• 721 square feet of carpet were set aside for recycling.
• 600 lbs. of food were collected and donated to Loaves & Fishes Community Pantry.
• Eight couches, one futon, two chairs and two TV stands were collected and donated.
• 12 plates, 18 cups, seven bowls and 34 utensils that were “borrowed” from the dining hall were collected in the Kaufman Dish Return.
• 342 lbs. of unwanted clothing were collected for donation or recycling.
Your cooperation and participation make a difference. “Let’s continue to reduce our waste in environmentally safe ways and educate our campus on ways to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Relocate,” says Brittany Graham, North Central’s sustainability coordinator.