North Central's art faculty exhibit their recent work through May 29
Apr 01, 2016
North Central College presents its “Faculty Exhibition,” featuring a wide variety of recent artwork by 11 members of the College art faculty, through May 29.
The exhibit is free and open to the public in the College’s Schoenherr Gallery at the Fine Arts Center, 171 E. Chicago Ave. The faculty will greet visitors at a reception from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, April 8; complimentary refreshments will be served. Call 630-637-5375 for gallery hours or visit northcentralcollege.edu/show for details.
This unique and dynamic display of art is a culmination of the artistic pursuits of North Central College’s faculty during the past two years. The show reflects the continuity and professional expectations that are apparent throughout the art department’s proud history and highlights the commitment of North Central College to the fine arts.
The collection of artwork includes paintings, sculpture, ceramics, photography, graphic design, video and mixed media. The themes represented and explored range from nature to narratives of the human condition, from visual perception to documentation of an event known as “Burning Man.” In addition to being outstanding and dedicated educators, North Central’s art faculty are award-winning professional artists who exhibit both locally and internationally.
“The faculty show provides an opportunity for students and the entire campus community to witness and engage in our current scholarship and artistic endeavors,” says Christine Rabenold, associate professor of art and student art gallery director. “It’s exciting for me to see what others are working on as well as share a dialog with our students about our work and pursuits as professional artists outside the classroom.”
The faculty artists and artwork they will display are:
• Hale Ekinci, assistant professor of art and media studies: Digital photo collage transfer, ink on paper
• Tom Goodell, Studio technician/exhibition preparatory: Ceramics
• Ed Herbeck, senior lecturer in art: Painting
• Lydia Hwang, lecturer in art: Painting
• Frank Jackowiak, lecturer in art/photography: Photography
• Scott Kolbe, lecturer in art/digital design: Graphic design
• Michelle Ludwig, lecturer in art/digital design: 3D art
• Kate Pszotka, adjunct assistant professor of art: Mixed media/ceramics
• Christine Rabenold, associate professor of art and student art gallery director: Ceramics
• Barry Skurkis, associate professor of art: Painting
• Kevin Valentine, adjunct assistant professor of art: Interdisciplinary
North Central College’s 2015-2016 Fine and Performing Arts Season is partially sponsored by BMO Harris Bank, Marquette Companies, Nicor Gas, Ryan Hill Realty, Advanced Data Technologies, Savant Capital Management, USG Corporation, Monarch Landing, Naperville Special Events and Cultural Amenities Fund, Illinois Arts Council Agency, DuPage Foundation and Naperville Development Partnership.