Senior Art Show “FOUNDations” showcases diverse body of student work
May 06, 2016
An array of artwork by 11 North Central College art students will be showcased in the 2016 Senior Art Show through June 11. Titled “FOUNDations,” the show features paintings, drawings, ceramics, digital work and more.
Free and open to the public, the exhibit will be on display in two gallery locations: the College’s Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery and Oesterle Library Gallery. Visitors are invited to browse the exhibit, enjoy refreshments and greet the artists during a reception from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, May 14, in both galleries.
Exhibitors for the 2016 Senior Art Show are:
• Lauren Denler of Homer Glen, double majoring in studio art and art history, will present sculpture and ceramics
• Amanda Digweed of Naperville, majoring in studio art, will present mixed media and ceramics
• Kelly Eberhardt of Naperville, majoring in studio art, will showcase sculpture and ceramics
• Meaghan Green of Naperville, double majoring in studio art and English: writing, will exhibit oil paintings and mixed media
• Sabrina Karas of Round Lake Beach, majoring in history, will display paintings and marker work
• Grace Morris of Wausau, Wis., majoring in studio art, will display digital and traditional comics
• Caitlin Norton of Oswego, majoring in art education, will display ceramics and ink work
• Joe Pantaleo of Lisle, majoring in studio art, will exhibit charcoal drawings
• Maddie Snyder of Downers Grove, double majoring in studio art and entrepreneurship and small business management, will showcase drawings and paintings
• Rin Varga of Bloomingdale, majoring in studio art, will exhibit digital, pencil and mixed media work
• Stephanie Varga will present paintings and mixed media work
Christine Rabenold, associate professor of art, is faculty advisor for the exhibit. For more information about the exhibit contact Rabenold at 630-637-5543 or email@example.com.
The College’s Meiley-Swallow Hall Gallery, 31 S. Ellsworth St., will be open daily, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Artwork in Oesterle Library Gallery, 320 E. School St., will be on display Mondays through Thursdays 7:45 a.m. to midnight, Fridays 7:45 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays noon to midnight.
Studio art, art history and art education are among more than 55 undergraduate majors offered at North Central College. Art students at North Central College learn traditional and contemporary media; engage in analytical, critical and abstract thinking; and learn to communicate ideas visually. Students attend gallery and museum openings and exhibits in Naperville and Chicago, meet visiting artists, enter juried exhibitions and gain an academic foundation for graduate study in studio art, art education, art history, art therapy, arts administration, art criticism and visual communications. Visit northcentralcollege.edu/majors/art to learn more about North Central’s art program.