Jan 25, 2021
North Central College Campus Community,
Below is information regarding the College’s operations related to the winter weather the next 24 hours:
Monday, January 25, 2021
All North Central College classes, including in-person, blended, or split classes, beginning at 4 p.m. or later will occur as scheduled on Monday, January 25, 2021. Students and faculty should allow extra travel time to reach campus for in-person courses. Pedestrians walking through campus should exercise caution as walkways, parking lots, and driveways may be slippery.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
A decision regarding College operations for Tuesday, January 26, 2021 will be made and communicated by 6 a.m. tomorrow morning. Regardless of the decision, all classes will take place as scheduled. However, students and faculty with in-person, blended, or split classes scheduled to meet on campus should be prepared for the possibility of classes occurring remotely for part or all of tomorrow, depending on weather conditions and the College’s ability to prepare campus to safely welcome students, faculty, and staff for in-person classes.
Campus Operations Scenarios
The following scenarios exist with regard to inclement weather:
Campus Remains Open: When a decision is made to keep the campus open, the following will apply:
• All classes will occur as scheduled, including in the planned format;
• All offices and facilities will remain open as scheduled.
Campus Closes for a Portion of the Day or Entire Day: When a decision is made to close the campus, the following will apply:
• All classes, including in-person, blended, and split classes, will occur in a remote format;
• Dining facilities will remain open as scheduled;
• All other offices and facilities will be closed for the duration of the campus closure;
• Only staff and faculty designated by their respective vice presidents or academic deans will report to campus;
• All other staff and faculty will perform their College functions remotely (employees should work with their supervisors and vice presidents accordingly);
• The athletics department, in collaboration with the CCIW and competing teams, will make decisions regarding scheduled competitions.
At all times, everyone in the campus community is encouraged to monitor the weather conditions in their area and exercise caution during inclement weather. If the College remains open during less-than-ideal weather conditions, individuals may need to make a decision that they cannot safely travel to campus. In such instances, members of the campus community are asked to take responsibility for communicating with others who may be impacted by their decision.