Assistant Professor of Physician Assistant Studies; Program Director, Master of Science in Physician Assistant StudiesContact
+1 630 637 5741
-14 + years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant, in a blend of Family Medicine, Urgent Care, Occupational Medicine, and Emergency Medicine.
-Prior experience in PA education, with a focus on Clinical Medicine, Problem-Based Learning, and PA leadership courses.
-Publication of original research in national and international medical journals.
-Director of Admissions at the North Central Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program.
· Presenter at 2020 AAPA National Conference – Conference on Demand: Broadening the 'Spectrum' of Our Care: Key Evidence Based Pearls to Ease the Examination of Patients with Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disorders
· Presenter at 2019 AAPA National Conference Broadening the 'Spectrum' of Our Care: Key Evidence Based Pearls to Ease the Examination of Patients with Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disorders.
· Published Research Manuscript
Meersman, T., & Mathieson, K. (2019). Examining Factors Affecting Parental Satisfaction with Speech Therapy in Children with Phelan-McDermid Syndrome. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/20473869.2019.1582906
· Published Case Report
Meersman, T. (2012). Localized, dull abdominal pain in an otherwise asymptomatic woman. JAAPA: Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, 25(4), 44-46.
· Published Online Article https://www.runnersworld.com/races-places/a20799793/the-micah true-autopsy explained/
· Undergraduate research grant 2004- Investigating the role of Vitamin C supplementation in exercise induced hypoxemia, Indiana University- Bloomington.