Shimer Transcripts

What is a Transcript?

North Central College only issues Official Transcripts upon the written or password protected online request of the student, graduate or former student. An Official Transcript is an official document used for the purpose of outlining your academic history at the college. It provides a term-by-term list of your courses including courses in progress and future registered courses. Credits attempted and earned, grades received, term and cumulative GPA and academic standing, including honors, probation and dismissal are displayed on the transcript. Degrees conferred along with major(s) and minor(s) are also listed. Extracurricular activities and non-classroom achievements are not included on an Official Transcript.

An Unofficial Transcript is available for current students only. You may access it through your Merlin account in Self-Service (User Profile). Once you have ceased being a student and your Merlin access has been terminated, you will need to order an Official Transcript whether for personal, academic or professional purposes. Please refer to the college’s account termination policy at


Transcripts for Former Shimer College Students

North Central College has assumed custodial responsibility for Shimer College student records. Students may obtain their transcripts through North Central College’s Office of the Registrar.

As of January 1, 2018, former Shimer students will receive one transcript at no cost; a fee of $7 will be charged for subsequent transcripts.

To request your first Shimer College transcript, complete and mail, fax, or scan and email the Shimer Transcript Request form to the Office of the Registrar at North Central College.

To request a subsequent transcript, follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.

If you have questions you may contact the Office of the Registrar at 630-637-5252 or


Student Account Status and Academic Transcripts

Academic transcripts will not be provided for students with overdue accounts at the College.

North Central College assumed responsibility for overdue balances owed to Shimer College. Transcripts for students with overdue account balances with Shimer College will not be provided until the account is paid in full. Questions regarding Shimer College student accounts should be directed to Student Accounts at North Central College at or 630-637-5689.

To request a subsequent transcript, go to

  • Select the option for Order Paper Hard-Copy Transcript
    • Shimer transcripts are not available electronically.
  • Enter your demographic information
    • Select the option for I Don’t Know My Student ID and you’ll be able to enter your Social Security Number instead.
  • On the following page, select Shimer College Records ONLY in the last box on the page.
  • On the next page, designate who will receive your transcript.
  • The following pages are to review your order and make payment. Transcripts are $7 each.

Once you place your order, keep an eye out for an authorization request email from Parchment, our transcript service provider. You will need to authorize (i.e. give permission for) the release of your academic record before your transcript can be mailed. Follow the instructions in the email when it arrives.

Your credit card will not be charged until your order has been processed after your authorization has been received.