Fine Art Auditions - FAQ's
Frequently Asked Questions
- What Fine Arts majors do you offer?
- As a Fine Arts major, can I double major or have a minor?
- Depends on your major. Some of the fine arts majors are very course intensive, like the Music Education Major. Please note, you can still be in the ensembles even if you are not a major.
- What are the faculty like?
- Not only is the faculty talented and well rounded, they are very excited to work with you. NC faculty are the ones teaching your classes, providing you mentorship, and supporting you throughout your time at North Central.
- Who can I contact with other questions?
- You can email the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many productions/concerts happen each year?
- Theatre: 7 shows
- Music: With over 20 different ensembles in music, there are several concerts and performances per semester
- Do you cast freshman in productions?
- Can I participate in productions if I am not a Fine Arts major?
- How can I audition?
- Register to audition online here: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/audition
- What facilities are available to me for practice and performance?
- Our campus has several different venues for fine art students. Our music students work in the Wentz Concert Hall and Fine Art Center: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/multimedia/2020/12/18/music-program-scholarship-auditions
- Theatre Students work and perform in Pfeiffer Hall: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/multimedia/2020/12/18/theatre-scholarship-auditions
- Art and Design students have classes and access to studios in Meiley-Swallow Hall: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/multimedia/2020/12/18/art-and-design-program-auditions
Application and Admission:
- How do I apply for a Fine Arts Scholarship?
- You need to register online. An audition or interview is required for a fine arts scholarship
- Do I have to be a Fine Arts major to receive a scholarship?
- No! Non-majors are also encouraged to audition
- Do you have early or rolling admission?
- North Central has rolling admission
- What do I need to do to apply for need-based financial aid?
- You will need to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.ed.gov)
Auditions and Interviews:
- How do I schedule my audition/interview?
- Sign up online here: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/audition
- Is there an audition fee?
- What Fine Arts scholarships do you offer?
- See the full listing online here: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/audition
- Is there a benefit to auditioning earlier or later in the season?
- The earlier you audition, the earlier you will know your scholarship. Once a student has received their financial aid package from North Central, they will not be able to audition for fine arts scholarships.
- What do I need to prepare?
- Theatre: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/sites/default/files/documents/2020-09/TheatreAudition2020.pdf
- Music: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/sites/default/files/documents/2020-09/MusicAudition2020_0.pdf
- Art/Design: https://www.northcentralcollege.edu/sites/default/files/documents/2020-09/ArtReview2020.pdf
- What should I wear?
- Remember this is an audition, so you will want to best represent yourself, but also be sure to wear something you feel conformable performing in
- Is there a limit to how many scholarships I can receive?
- No, however, there are requirements to maintain these awards, we don’t want students to be overloaded