Application & Forms
**Please Note** Effective for students applying January 31, 2019 for education abroad direct enrollment and group programs in 2019-2020, the education abroad program fee is now $4,000. There is a non-refundable $30 application fee for all programs due at the time of applying. We appreciate your understanding as we update our website content accordingly.
Applications for 2019-2020 due
January 31, 2019 by midnight
You've made it through the toughest part of the application process -- deciding on the program that is best for you. Congratulations! Your next step is to complete your North Central College education abroad application. Completing the application is easy enough, however, we suggest getting started early if you plan on having all of your supporting application documents ready in order to submit your application online by the January 31st deadline.
NEW THIS YEAR! All education abroad applications will be submitted through an online application portal. Because this is a new system for us, please bear with us as we work through this new system. We appreciate your patience and understanding through this process!
Follow these steps to complete your application:
1. If you have not met with a education abroad advisor, please do so by selecting "Advising Form" at the top of this page, complete the Education Abroad Interest Assessment Form, then contact Rebecca Pugh, CGE Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (630) 637-5132.
2. Once you've decided on a program, select the program you want to apply for by logging into the application portal.
- The application portal link will take you to a complete list of our programs
- Select your program
- Select "Apply Now"
- Log-in to the portal using your NCC username and password
- Select the term(s) for which you are applying
- You've landed on your application page!
3. On your application page, please read through the application instructions, completing each requirement in the various categories. In each category of this page, you will have instructions and due dates, all of which are important.
4. Once you complete what's being asked of you in each category, and those items have been received and reviewed by a education abroad staff member, you will be able to submit your application.
- Please note that LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION must be completed by your recommender and received online before you can officially submit your application. Therefore, please make sure you submit your Request for Electronic Recommendations well before the January 31st deadline to give your recommenders enough time to complete your recommendation.
- Recommendation letters submitted in-person to the study abroad staff will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
5. All documents being requested will be submitted online except for two items:
- $30 non-refundable application fee (paid in cash or check)
- One official passport photo
- $50 LATE application fee (for applications received after January 31st)
These items should be handed, in-person, to the education abroad staff at the Center for Global Education in Abe House by January 31st in order to avoid a $50 late application fee.
6. Select "Submit Application" to formally submit your completed application by January 31st at midnight! Please note that you will not be able to submit your application until you've met with a education abroad advisor.
The education abroad staff reviews all applications and materials during the month of February. You will receive an official acceptance letter by mail/post to your campus mailbox (if provided) or the current address you indicated on your application at the end of February.