Tuition and Visa Information
Applying for an F-1 Student Visa
The F-1 student visa is designed for international students who plan to enroll in a degree program at a U.S. university as a full-time student. To apply for this visa, you will need a Form I-20, which is issued by the university at which you plan to enroll.
The process of applying for a student visa can take up to three months. If you need an F-1 student visa to study at North Central, please submit the following as soon as possible to ensure that an I-20 Form (Visa Eligibility Document) can be issued:
- A color copy of your passport identification page.
- Documentation of sufficient financial resources.
- Before North Central can issue your Form I-20, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient funding available for your course of study.
- This form includes the estimated costs of that program of study. The estimated cost of attendance for the 2022-2023 academic year at North Central is $59,113.
- The amount of funding you must show will depending on the scholarship award amount you receive.
- Example: an international student awarded a $25,000 scholarship will need to provide documentation of $34,113.
Financial forms to complete:
- 2022-2023 Affidavit of Financial Support Form
- Bank letter (original or color scan)
- .A completed and signed 2022-2023 Affidavit of Financial Support Form (students starting in August 2022 or January 2023)
- A bank statement for each sponsor that includes an original signature on bank letterhead with the bank's contact information.
- For August entry- It must be dated no earlier than January 15, 2022.
- For January Entry- It must be dates no earlier than April 15, 2022
- Include the name of the account holder and the amount in the account.
- Specify the type of account (e.g., savings, checking, time deposit, etc.) and the currency of the account.
- Please be sure that the account is in the sponsor's name and the amount in the account is at least equal to the amount the sponsor has pledged to the student.
- Please also ensure that the bank account owner is the sponsor who completes and signs the Declaration of Finances form.
- North Central accepts original letters or color scans of original letters.
Tuition and Cost Estimates
|Cost Estimates 2022-2023||Cost Per Semester||Cost Per Academic Year|
|Tuition and Fees||$21,433||$42,866|
|Books and Supplies||$600||$1,200|
- A Transfer Verification Form and copies of your current I-20 form and I-94 record, if you are currently in the U.S. in F-1 status.
Please note: Your SEVIS record must be transferred to North Central before you leave the U.S. if you are traveling internationally between programs. Please contact your admission counselor regarding any international travel plans.
Students on an F-1 visa status can work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during official breaks. There are a variety of on-campus jobs available to international students, such as working in the library or admission office, as a tutor, etc. More information on other work options for students is available from the Center for Global Education.
An F-1 status does not permit students to work off campus.
You will need a social security number in order to begin work. If you have been offered a position on campus, please email email@example.com for more information regarding obtaining a social security number. You may not begin work until you have received your social security number.