Tuition and Visa Information

Cost Estimates 2021-22 Cost Per Semester Cost Per Academic Year
Tuition and Fees $21,013 $42,026
On-Campus Housing $4,214 $8,428
Meals $1,945 $3,890
Books and Supplies $600 $1,200
Personal Expenses $600 $1,200
Medical Insurance $650 $1,300
Total $29,022 $58,044

Financial Documentation for F-1 Student Visa Eligibility

Student Visa

The F-1 student visa is designed for international students who plan to enroll in a degree program at a U.S. university as a full-time student. To apply for this visa, you will need a Form I-20, which is issued by the university at which you plan to enroll.

This form confirms that you have been admitted to a full-time degree program and includes the estimated costs of that program of study. The estimated cost of attendance for the 2021-2022 academic year at North Central is $58,044.

Before North Central can issue your Form I-20, you must be admitted to a degree program at North Central and demonstrate that you have sufficient funding available for your course of study.

The amount of funding you will need to demonstrate will vary depending on the amount of scholarship aid you receive. For example, an international undergraduate student who has been awarded $20,000 in scholarship aid will need to provide documentation of $38,044; a student who has been awarded $29,000 in scholarship aid will only need to provide documentation of $29,044..

The two financial forms you will need to submit include:

The Declaration of Finances form must be completed and signed both by you and by your financial sponsor (e.g., parent, relative, family friend).  It must be submitted to the Office of Admission at North Central together with a bank letter showing that the funds are available. The bank letter must include an original ink signature and be on bank letterhead with the bank's contact information.

It must be dated within six months of the start of the program and include the name of the account holder and the amount in the account. It must also specify the type of account (e.g., savings, checking, time deposit, etc.) and the currency.

Please be sure the amount in the account is at least equal to the amount pledged to the student by the sponsor. Please also ensure that the bank account owner is the sponsor who completes and signs the Declaration of Finances form. 

North Central will accept either original documents or color scans of the original documents for the purpose of I-20 issuance.

Campus Employment

If you are in F-1 status, you can work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the school year and 40 hours per week during official breaks, which can help with personal expenses. Examples of on-campus employment would include working in the library or admission office, as a tutor, etc. More information on other work options for students is available from the Center for Global Education.

If you are in any other non-immigrant status, you are not permitted to work on or off campus.