Four Reasons to Join Premier
1) Become familiar with campus, the Naperville community and campus resources
2) Build a social network by attending events with other Premier Scholars
3) Transition smoothly to college life with our targeted workshops and dedicated support system
4) Individual mentoring sessions with Premier Team Leaders to discuss helpful college tips
What about during the academic year?
As a Premier Scholar, you’ll meet throughout the semester to talk about your experiences, reconnect with your peers and meet with your mentor. During the semester, Premier hosts helpful workshops covering a range of topics, including financial aid, wellness, and study abroad opportunities.
- Academic Support: building effective relationships with your professors
- Health and Wellness: importance of emotional, mental and physical health
- Financial Services: finding an on-campus job, organizing personal finances
- College Life: handling culture shock, time management, diversity
- Community Building: activities include meeting with your mentor and connecting with fellow Premier Scholars
Is there a cost?
It is free to participate in the Premier Scholars Program. The program will cover the cost of meals and activities during the summer dates.
What do past participants have to say?
We think Premier is great! But you don’t have to take our word for it—we’ll let our students tell their stories.
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate in Premier if you are going to college for the first time and any of the following apply to you:
- You have an underrepresented racial or ethnic background
- You’re a first-generation college student (neither parent has completed a four-year degree)
- You face economic hardship