You worked hard to get here and
we want to reward you.
Merit-based scholarships are awarded during the application review process and are based on your course work, grade-point average (GPA), and ACT or SAT test score.
Academic scholarships are renewable provided you maintain the required GPA each year and maintain full time undergraduate status. Merit scholarships are not based on need. Your application for admission and academic credentials are used to award these funds unless otherwise noted. Your achievements and special talents in other academic and activity areas, like education and the fine arts, could result in additional scholarship opportunities.
- Academic, Achievement, Dean, Honor, or Presidential Scholarship
- Scholarships for strong high school students who are encouraged to apply for admission early.
- Application review begins by Oct 1 and continues on a rolling basis.
- Amount is determined during the application review process and is an award of $20,000-$26,000 per year ($80,000-$104,000 over four years).
- Award based on a combination of GPA and ACT/SAT test scores.
- Contact the Office of Admission for further details on eligibility.
- Available for 4 academic years provided the minimum GPA requirement is maintained.
- International Scholarships
- Must be an international student.
- Range of $27,000 to $29,000 ($108,000-$116,000 over four years) per academic year.
- For eligibility requirements, visit the International Scholarship page.
- Available for four academic years provided the minimum GPA requirement is maintained.
FIRST Tech Challenge and FIRST Robotics Competition
An incoming freshman pursuing a major in engineering may apply for this scholarship if the student has actively participated in the FIRST Tech Challenge or the FIRST Robotics Competition during junior or senior year of high school, with a minimum 3.0 high school GPA.
North Central has been fortunate to receive donations from generous alumni and friends of the College for the establishment of endowed scholarships. We award these scholarships to worthy students each year. When available, applications are through the Office of Financial Aid.
TO APPLY for endowed scholarships from our donors, please visit https://northcentralcollege.academicworks.com and sign in with your Merlin ID and Password.
Several donors and affiliates of the College also offer opportunities for incoming students. Listed below are some brief overviews of a few of the opportunities listed on Academic Works.
- John Miller Cowlishaw Memorial Scholarship for Music
- Students majoring/minoring in music, music edu, or musical theatre
- Minimum cum GPA of at least 3.0 is required
- Verne E. Dietrich Memorial Scholarship
- Incoming freshman majoring in physics, chemistry or math
- Harold Emery Meiley Scholarship
- Must be a Naperville or DuPage county resident
- Career objective must be computer sci., business, engineering, pre-med or pre-law
- Minimum ACT score of 23
- Financial need considered
- Renewable, with eligible cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Bill Shatzer and Suzanne Shatzer Doerge Scholarship
- Student must demonstrate leadership and determination to overcome disadvantages
- Financial need considered