Writing Center Tutoring will be available online for the remainder of Spring semester. Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, you can have a conversation with a tutor and share documents. Tutors will be available to comment on your drafts and answer your questions twelve hours a day.
A tutor will be available for online consultation using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Friday from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Online tutoring is not available on weekends.
It is easy for any student to connect with our tutors online through Blackboard. Follow these steps to begin a conversation with a tutor:
1. Open Blackboard and enter “Tutoring” in the Course Search option. You will see options for different kinds of tutoring.
2. Select Writing Center Tutoring. Click on the course and select “Enroll.” Then click on “Submit.” You are now enrolled in the course.
3. Once you enter the course, find the “Course Tools” and select Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
4. When you open this tool, you will see a list of “Sessions.” Click on the active session and choose “Enter session.” If you wish to enter the session using your phone instead of a computer, you can choose the “Dial in” option. You will be given a phone number and a pin. Use them to call into the session.
5. Now you are in a tutoring session. It’s as though you just walked into the Writing Center. You can activate your microphone and speak with a tutor or use the pink tab on the lower right of your screen to open a menu for sending text messages. Our tutors can show you how to upload drafts of your assignments and can give you a mixture of verbal, written, and visual feedback.
Follow this link to get started: https://blackboard.noctrl.edu/webapps/blackboard/execute/modulepage/view?course_id=_38699_1&cmp_tab_id=_40490_1&editMode=true&mode=cpview