Considering a North Central College Faculty Career?
Here’s a snapshot of the community you would be joining—the campus, the region, the faculty, and support for faculty life and professional activity
We hope you’ll take the opportunity to become better acquainted with our campus, our locale, and the defining characteristics of our academic identity.
Reasons Why North Central
- Private four-year selective comprehensive liberal arts college founded in 1861, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and affiliated with the United Methodist Church
- Acknowledged by U.S. News & World Report, the Peterson’s Guide, the Princeton Review, and Forbes for outstanding merit as an undergraduate teaching institution
- Recognized in Princeton Review's Guide to Green Colleges for five consecutive years and committed to sustainability
- Nationally recognized by Excelencia in Education and national media for its programs supporting the success of Latinx and first-generation college students
- 2695 students, primarily undergraduate and residential, from 27 states and 32 countries; 18% minority students
- 70 undergraduate majors, minors, and programs
- 13 graduate programs, including master's and doctoral degrees and graduate certificates in business, leadership, health sciences, education, writing, and liberal studies
- 12:1 student faculty ratio and average class of 20 students
- Teacher-scholar faculty cultivate strong relationships with students supported by active scholarly and professional contributions to their disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields
- Major building initiatives provide state-of-the-art learning experiences in diverse fields such as health sciences, arts, and sciences