North Central to host in-person Commencement ceremonies in Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium
Mar 30, 2021
North Central College is planning for a series of in-person ceremonies in Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium to celebrate Commencement 2021.
To follow health and safety protocols for faculty, staff, graduates and families, the College will conduct four separate ceremonies over two days: Saturday, May 8, and Sunday, May 9. Each graduate will receive four tickets for their family members to be seated, physically distanced, in the stadium seats. The ceremonies will also be live-streamed for online viewing.
Graduates and faculty will be seated in a physically distanced configuration on the field, and masks will be required of all participants.
Members of the Class of 2020 will return to walk across the stage, so along with graduate and undergraduate students representing the Class of 2021, more than 800 students will participate in Commencement exercises in person over the two days.
The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, May 8, 10 a.m.: School of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Saturday, May 8, 3 p.m.: School of Education and Health Sciences
- Sunday, May 9, 10 a.m.: College of Arts and Sciences—arts, humanities, and social sciences majors, Shimer Great Books and interdisciplinary programs
- Sunday, May 9, 3 p.m.: College of Arts and Sciences—science majors
- A detailed breakdown of the academic majors that will participate in each of the ceremonies is available on the Commencement website.
The ceremony will combine live and recorded messages, utilizing the Don Deetjen Memorial Scoreboard video display, and faculty emeriti will be honored at their respective ceremonies. Many other logistical details are still being considered and finalized, including the line-up and procession.
The ceremonies will NOT be moved indoors regardless of weather. Adjustments to ceremony start times based on weather will be communicated as soon as possible via the Commencement website, the College’s social media channels, and the RAVE alert system.
Graduates will continue to receive more detailed information from the College’s Commencement Committee, and should direct questions to email@example.com.