North Central College in the News
North Central College political scientists featured in Chicago media
Jul 28, 2022
Stephen Maynard Caliendo and Suzanne Chod provided analysis on the House Select Committee hearings regarding the January 6th attack on the Capitol
At the end of July, the House Select Committee on Jan. 6th held its eight hearing in a series that laid out the results of its investigation of the attack on the Capitol. While this was the last hearing of the summer, the committee also announced that hearings would start back up in September. Each hearing has revealed new pieces of testimony or evidence that might ultimately be used in criminal prosecutions against those who plotted the events that became the Capitol riot—including Donald Trump.
Stephen Maynard Caliendo, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at North Central College, and Suzanne Chod, professor of political science at North Central College, have all been tapped to provide their expertise and analysis on these hearings.
They’ve helped to clarify what it is the American public has learned over the six-week process in various media outlets throughout Chicago:
- FOX 32 Chicago (7-12-22 at 8:17 a.m.)
- WGN-TV (7-12-22 at 6:30 p.m.)
- WGN-TV (7-12-22 at 9:20 p.m.)
- WGN-TV (7-12-22 at 10:10 p.m.)
- FOX 32 Chicago (7-21-22 at 4:10 p.m.)
- WGN-TV (7-21-22 at 4:30 p.m.)
- WGN-TV (7-21-22 at 7 p.m. | part 1)
- WGN-TV (7-21-22 at 8:10 p.m. | part 2)
- WGN-TV (7-21-22 at 8:20 p.m. | part 3)