North Central College in the News
North Central College dean and political science professor preview the 2022 Midterm Election
Oct 24, 2022
Stephen Maynard Caliendo and Suzanne Chod provide pre-election analysis across media outlets in Chicago
With only a couple weeks away from Election Day, many Americans have already cast their ballots in the midterm elections. Political analysts project that pre-election voting is on par with this point four years ago—which was the highest turnout for a midterm election in decades.
While it’s too early to predict if 2022 will eventually reach the exceptionally high turnout levels of 2018—and it’s likely voting patterns have changed as COVID pushed more people to embrace voting before Election Day—analysts suggest that so far it appears 2022 has comparable elevated voter interest this midterm.
Stephen Maynard Caliendo, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at North Central College, and Suzanne Chod, professor of political science at North Central College, have been fielding media requests for political analysis in the weeks leading up to the election. From examining recent polls to deciding a winner in the Gubernatorial Debates, Caliendo and Chod have weighed in on what voters should know and expect come November 8, 2022 (Election Day).
Click the links below to see the media coverage:
- CBS 2 Chicago 10/5/22
- CBS 2 Chicago 10/5/22 (online story)
- CBS 2 Chicago 10/6/22
- CBS 2 Chicago 10/6/22 (online story)
- The US Express News 10/6/22 (adapted from CBS 2 Chicago online story)
- ABC 7 Chicago 10/6/22
- WGN-TV 10/6/22 *appearance starts at the 16:00 timestamp*
- NBC 5 Chicago 10/7/22 at 5:07 p.m.
- ABC 7 Chicago 10/7/22
- CBS 2 Chicago 10/14/22 at 9 a.m.
- WGN-TV 10/17/22 at 9:05 p.m.
- WGN-TV 10/17/22 at 10:05 p.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 2 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 5:30 a.m.
- WGN-TV 10/18/22 at 5:30 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 6:30 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 7:33 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 8:30 a.m.
- WGN-TV 10/18/22 at 8:30 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 9:30 a.m.
- WGN-AM Radio 10/18/22 at 2:33 p.m.
- WQRF-TV 10/18/22 at 4 p.m.
- WTVO-TV 10/18/22 at 6 p.m.
- WCPT 820-AM Radio 10/20/22 *segment starts at the 22:07 timestamp*