For more information regarding our next Education Abroad Re-Entry Conference!
The primary purpose of the conference is to explore ways of integrating the education abroad experience into a student's life upon return. Participants will be encouraged to think about their future plans and look at ways of making good use of their study abroad experience in their personal and professional plans.
The conference will include an exhibition hall and four blocks of concurrent sessions. We are planning a variety of topics for our concurrent sessions including State Department/Foreign Service work, volunteer/social justice opportunities, teaching jobs abroad, positions in International Education, jobs in International Business, graduate school programs/fellowships, resume tips and interviewing, and utilizing skills gained abroad in your future career.
While attending the conference, you will:
- Learn about international opportunities in careers, continued education, volunteer work
- Internationalize your resume
- Discover how to go abroad again
The Midwest education abroad re-entry conference is designed to help students make the best possible use of their study abroad experience as they begin to plan their futures. The conference will provide a wide range of information and offer special sessions on:
- Exploring international careers
- Finding opportunities to go abroad again
- Investigating graduate programs
- Learning how to enter the field of university-level international education
- Locating teaching jobs abroad
- Considering international government careers pursuing work in social justice and international public service
- Featuring education abroad on your resume and talking about it professionally in an interview