Do you have wide‐ranging interests? Do you want to explore topics and studies that cross disciplines?
Do you want to be ready for a career that requires integrative thinking and creative problem solving?
At North Central College, you can explore, study, and conduct research about topics that draw upon the methods and ideas of a variety of departments and programs. You also can find an interdisciplinary major that prepares you for an emerging field of research or practice.
Interdisciplinary courses, minors, majors, learning communities, clusters of courses or an individualized major developed under the supervision of a faculty sponsor—will allow you to customize your education as you prepare for a career or graduate education.
Departments and Programs
- East Asian Studies, Luke Franks, Coordinator
- Environmental Studies, Martha Bohrer, Coordinator
- Gender and Women's Studies, Suzanne Chod, Coordinator
- Global Studies, William Muck, Coordinator
- History of Ideas, Brian Hoffert, Coordinator
- Leadership, Ethics and Values, Thomas Cavenagh, Coordinator
- Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) Studies, Esra Tasdelen, Coordinator
- Urban and Suburban Studies, Lou Corsino, Coordinator