Welcome to the Speaking Center!
The Speaking Center at North Central College is available to provide students with one-on-one assistance in the preparation and delivery of individual and group presentations. Students can schedule a 30-minute session with trained student tutors for assistance with all parts of the public speaking process to become a successful speaker!
What we offer
In a relaxed environment, our tutors offer support and constructive feedback in all aspects of public speaking from writing your speech to delivering it successfully. Tutors are trained to assist in:
- Topic selection
- Integrating oral citations
- Developing introductions & conclusions
- Delivery (verbal & nonverbal)
- Developing visual aids (Assignment, Conference, Poster Presentation)
- Managing communication apprehension
- Developing Arguments
- Preparing for interview