student studying on campus

Transfer Applicants - How to Apply

How to Apply

Our next traditional start term possibility, Fall semester 2019, begins Monday, August 19th. For full admission, financial aid, and registration consideration, there is a target date of Friday, August 2nd for Fall semester file completion. If you cannot complete your file by this date, call our office at 630-637-5800 to discuss your situation. We are also currently admitting students for our Spring semester 2020 (January 6th start).

Admission Requirements

  • To be competitive for admission, a 2.5 transferable grade-point average is preferred.  
  • If you have not earned 24 transferable semester hours, your high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores will also be required.
  • You must not have been dismissed for any reason from your last institution attended.
students studying

Your Application and Transcripts

  • Submit an online application or download a printable version.
  • Request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities be sent to the Office of Admission. We accept sealed, official paper transcripts as well as official electronic transcripts that are sent directly through the following sources: Credentials eScrip-Safe, National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, and Joint Services Transcripts.
students in class

High School Transcripts & ACT/SAT Scores

Send an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores if you have not earned 24 transferable semester hours at the time of application.

student on campus

Optional Information We Will Consider

  • Personal statement or documentation of extenuating circumstances
  • Letters of recommendation
student and admission counselor talking

For Full Financial Aid Consideration


More Resources


  • To enroll as degree-seeking at North Central College, you need to have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma. North Central College does not accept degree-seeking students who only meet requirements to show an ability to benefit or who are only beyond the age of compulsory attendance in the state of Illinois.
  • To evaluate the validity of a student's high school diploma if the school or the Secretary has reason to believe that the diploma is not valid, the Office of Admission contacts the registrar or counseling office at the high school in question for confirmation of the diploma’s validity. 
  • If the diploma was not obtained from an entity that provides secondary school education, the Office of Admission would require the student to provide alternate documentation showing they have a recognized equivalent of a high school diploma.  Student self-certification is not sufficient documentation, and if the Office of Admission is not able to validate the high school diploma, the applicant cannot appeal the decision not to validate the diploma.

Transfer to North Central

Whether you’re transferring from a two-year school or another four-year college or university, at North Central College you’ll find a supportive community where everyone shares an interest in your success. It’s a place where you have the chance to grow, learn and put your classroom learning into real-life action.

students walking on campus