North Central regularly updates articulations from Illinois colleges and universities on Transferology. Additionally, the College annually reviews and compares our course catalog with those of many Illinois community colleges to publish Transfer Guides. These are useful guides to confirm whether or not a course transfers, meets a core general education requirement, or is an elective.
Major/Minor Coursework Planning Sheets
Wondering what to take elsewhere that would go toward a North Central College major or minor? The College has developed major/minor coursework planning sheets for each program of study. Select your specific major/minor from the list, and then click on the paper icon in the upper right corner (Print Degree Planner). Elementary Education and Supplemental Secondary Education coursework planning sheets are also available and include general education courses specific to those majors. All other majors can refer to the core general education requirements planning sheet. PLEASE NOTE: These planning sheets should be used in consultation with both our Transfer Guides and a member of the transfer admission staff.
Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI)
North Central College is a participant in the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI). Transferable IAI courses are clearly designated on our Transfer Guides and in our undergraduate course catalog.
Community College Visits
Our transfer staff visits Illinois community colleges throughout the academic year. Upcoming visits can be found on your transfer counselor's web page.
Individual Planning Appointments and Unofficial Transcript Evaluations
We highly encourage you to schedule an individual campus visit. A visit itinerary can include:
- Unofficial evaluation of your transcript(s)
- Explanation of the admission, scholarship, and financial aid processes
- Overview of North Central College
- Walking tour of campus
- Time to meet with faculty, a coach, or other College staff
Group visits are also available once a month.
Office of the Registrar
The following resources are available through the Office of the Registrar:
- Information about our transfer credit policy
- Score requirements for credit by examination, such as AP, CLEP and IB exams
- Access to current and past college catalogs
- Academic and other important college calendars
- Guest access to North Central's student WebAdvisor to search for sections/courses for advising and registration purposes
Academic and Student Support
- Center for Student Success - tutoring assistance, a writing center, and disabilities support services
- Dyson Wellness Center - services for the physical and emotional well-being of students
- Career Development Center - internships, part-time and full-time jobs, preparation for interviews and graduate school, and online career resources