The purpose of the Graduate Assistantship (GA) program is to provide professional experience that complements graduate instruction and study for students pursuing advanced degrees from North Central College. The GA program is designed to aid students in the successful completion of their degrees and to enhance their career opportunities through applied professional experiences.
- 2-year position
- Full tuition remission over $25,000
- $3,750 stipend per year
- Must be accepted as a graduate degree student in the MBA, Nonprofit Management and Leadership, Leadership Studies, and Liberal Studies degrees.
- Must maintain an overall grade point average of 3.00 while in the GA program
- Must be registered for six graduate credit hours per term (summer excluded)*
- Must meet the eligibility requirements for employment within the United States
- Must successfully complete a background screening, including a review of driving record if driving will be required as part of the GA work experience.
*Graduate assistants in the athletic training department may register for nine credit hours. An exception to take only 3 hours in a term may be made only by the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
How to Apply
- Apply to the Leadership Studies, Liberal Studies, MBA, or Nonprofit Management and Leadership degrees through the online application form. Application deadlines for the master's degrees are:
- February 23, 2018 - Spring Term 2018
- May 21, 2018 - Summer Term 2018
- August 27, 2018 - Fall Term 2018
- Explore available GA positions through North Central's Human Resources Office and submit your GA application.
Graduate Assistantships will begin in the fall 2018 term.
|Athletics||Residence Life||Student Involvement|
|Multicultural Affairs||Enrollment Management (Admissions)||Alumni|
|Veteran Services||First Generation Programs||Leadership, Ethics, and Values|
|Conference Services||Center for Student Success||Recreational Sports|
|Sports Information||Title IX||Academic Affairs|
- Graduate Assistant Handbook: GAs will acknowledge receipt of expectations within the handbook during GA orientation.
- Graduate Tuition Remission Form: It is the GAs responsibility to meet all deadlines when applying for financial aid and submitting the tuition remission paperwork to ensure that tuition remission will be granted.
- Contact the School of Graduate and Professional Studies at email@example.com, (630) 637-5555
- Contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, (630) 637-5757