Welcome to your Summer Orientation!
Summer Orientation 2021
We are excited you are joining us for Fall 2021. Whether you are coming as a first-year student or a transfer student, our Summer Orientation will ensure that your transition to North Central College is smooth and enjoyable. In prioritizing health and safety for 2021, we have designed a hybrid model of Summer Orientation that will provide your academic advising and class registration steps online and a condensed and interactive in-person/online synchronous orientation program.
Through our Summer Orientation program, students will:
- connect with peers in meaningful ways and share experiences to broaden their community
- discover North Central's traditions and campus culture
- learn about and deepen their understanding of the College's services and procedures that students and families use throughout their time at North Central
- intellectually engage with faculty, staff, and other students to strengthen their understanding of the academic expectations of the college experience, including the General Education curriculum, engaged learning, and academic advising
- enhance their understanding of College requirements and resources designed to support students as they strive for academic success
We have designed a step-by-step guide for students and their families as they navigate their summer experience. This guide includes steps for success through academic advising and the Summer Orientation Day schedule.
These resources can be found on our internal Summer Orientation HUB page. (note: you will need your username and password for access)
Preparation for Academic Advising
These videos will help prepare you for success when you meet with your academic advisor. Click here for a more step-by-step guide to preparing for your academic advising session. (note: you will need your North Central College username and password for access)
2020 Webinars (updates coming in Summer 2021)
These webinars are designed to immerse you in the North Central community and prepare you for a successful start to classes in the fall. Webinar recordings include an option for subtitles in both English and Spanish.