International Undergraduate Applicants
A Location That Offers the Best of Both Worlds
All Applicants: Official high school transcripts/records and certification of graduation. These should include all grades earned in the most recent three (3) academic years.
We only accept electronic transcripts that are sent directly to North Central College by the issuing institution through the following sources:
National Student Clearinghouse
Parchment (formerly Docufide/Avow)
If your school or Ministry of Education does not use any of these sources, you will need to request they send an official transcript in a sealed envelope via postal mail to our office at:
North Central College
Office of Admission
30 North Brainard St.
Naperville, Illinois 60540
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
- EIKEN - Students may submit official EIKEN results with a minimum Grade Pre-1.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Level of North Central College's full-time English Language Institute (ELI)
- Transfer Students: Students applying for transfer from a U.S. college or university who have completed English composition courses with grades of C or higher are considered to have met the English proficiency requirement.