International Students - How to Apply
International Undergraduate Application
Choose one of the following options:
- Submit a free online application form (preferred):
- Submit your application through the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success.
- Download and complete a printable version of the undergraduate application.
Official high school transcripts/records and certification of graduation. These should include all grades earned in the most recent three (3) academic years and be mailed directly by your school or Ministry of Education to:
North Central College
Office of Admission
30 North Brainard Street
Naperville, Illinois 60540
Applicants who have attended university-level classes should also submit official transcripts/mark sheets for all university-level course work. Course descriptions are also required for any university-level courses taken at institutions located outside of the U.S.
Click here for a Transcript Request Form.
Please note: North Central does not consider emailed transcripts to be official transcripts.
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): North Central requires an official TOEFL score of at least 79 (Internet-based test) or 550 (paper-based test). (Our institution code: 1555)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): North Central also accepts official IELTS overall scores of 6.5 with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.
- ACT or SAT: Students may also submit official SAT or ACT scores in place of the TOEFL.
- Most successful applicants choosing this option have earned at least a 500 on the EBRW section of the SAT or at least a 19 on the English section of the ACT.
- Our institution codes are: 1555 (SAT) and 1096 (ACT).
- EIKEN - Students may submit official EIKEN results with a minimum Grade Pre-1.
- Successful completion of the Advanced Level of North Central College's full-time English Language Institute (ELI)
- Transfer Students: Students applying for transfer from a U.S. college or university who have completed two English composition courses with grades of C or higher are considered to have met the English proficiency requirement.
Conditional Admission Option:
Students who meet all academic requirements for admission but do not have the required level of English proficiency may be considered for conditional admission and enroll in North Central's English Language Institute. Simply:
- Complete the free online undergraduate application and mark that you would like to be considered for conditional admission
- Submit official transcripts, and:
- Submit a $100 English Language Institute deposit using the Credit Card Payment Authorization Form or flywire.
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) describing your degree and career plans and how North Central can help you achieve them. This can be mailed with your application or emailed to Megan Otermat. (Be sure to include your complete name and the term for which you are applying.)
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or instructor.
Once your application is complete, we can review your file and let you know your admission status and scholarship eligibility within approximately two weeks.
Please Note: All admissions documents become a part of a student's official file and cannot be returned to the applicant or forwarded to another institution.