International Students - How to Apply
We're so excited you're interested in North Central College and everything we have to offer. We know the application process can seem overwhelming, so we want to make it as easy as possible.
Apply for Direct Admission
1. Select the application that fits you
- Freshman (students who are completing high school at the time of application) or
- Transfer (students who have attended/are attending a post-secondary institution).
- Submit your application through the Common Application.
*All applications are free.
2. Submit Official Transcripts
- Official high school transcripts/records and certification of graduation.
- Transcripts should include all grades earned in the most recent three (3) academic years.
- If you haven't yet graduated, please submit official transcripts for the three most recent years and send your certificate after graduating.
Electronic transcripts must be sent directly to North Central College by the issuing institution through the following sources:
- Credentials eScrip-Safe
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Parchment (formerly Docufide/Avow)
- Common Application Portal
If your school or Ministry of Education does not use any of these sources, you must ask them to send an official transcript in a sealed envelope via postal mail to our office at:
North Central College
Office of Admission
30 North Brainard St.
Naperville, Illinois 60540 USA
- Applicants who have attended university-level classes should also submit official transcripts/mark sheets for all university-level course work.
- Course descriptions are also required for any university-level courses taken at institutions located outside of the U.S.
- Click here for a Transcript Request Form.
- If you attended an institution outside of the United States, please submit a course-by-course evaluation for U.S. equivalency by one of the following companies.
Please note: North Central does not consider emailed transcripts to be official transcripts.
3. Submit Documentation of English Proficiency
Applicants must demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
|TOEFL (ibt)||Minimum score of 79||1555|
|IELTS||Total score of 6.5 or higher and with sub-scores of 6.0 or higher.|
|SAT||Minimum score of 490 on the EBRW section||1555|
|ACT||Minimum score of 19 on the English section||1096|
|EIKEN||Minimum Grade Pre-1|
Successful completion of the Advanced Level of North Central College's full-time English Language Institute (ELI)
- Students applying for transfer from a U.S. college or university who have completed two English composition courses with grades of C or higher are considered to have met the English proficiency requirement
Apply for Conditional Admission
Students who meet all academic requirements for admission but do not have the required level of English proficiency may be considered for conditional admission and enroll in North Central's English Language Institute.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WhatsApp: +1 (331) 231-9161
It is not mandatory but applicants are encouraged to submit a letter or recommendation and a personal statement to support their application. North Central international admission team will review them if submitted.
- A personal statement (1-2 pages typed) explaining why you want to attend North Central and how North Central can help you achieve your degree and career plans. This can be emailed to International Admissions. (Be sure to include your complete name and the semester for which you are applying.)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or instructor.
Timeline for Application Review
Once your application is complete, we can review your file and let you know your admission status and scholarship eligibility within approximately two weeks.
Please Note: All admissions documents become a part of a student's official file and cannot be returned to the applicant or forwarded to another institution.