Learn English at North Central College
The English Language Institute (ELI) is a full-time intensive English program designed to prepare international students for admission to a U.S. college or university by developing academic, professional and social English language skills. The institute is located on the campus of North Central College, a nationally recognized institution located in Naperville, Illinois, a thriving suburb just west of Chicago.
As a student, you will experience...
- Classes taught by professional ESL instructors with advanced degrees in teaching English as a second language.
- Small classes with personalized attention and a focus on your language-learning goals.
- A Pathway into North Central College Undergraduate Degrees. If you apply to your degree program and meet all academic requirements except English language proficiency, you may be eligible for conditional admission. 95% of conditionally admitted students successfully move into undergraduate classes after finishing the English Language Institute.
- The option to start North Central College undergraduate classes while finishing the English Language Institute.
- An American university experience in one of the “Best Places to Live,” according to Money Magazine. Students live on-campus with American roommates and take classes the same buildings as other university students.
Campus Resources for Students
- Full access to North Central computer, recreational, cultural, and health facilities
- Participation in the International Club, one of the most active clubs on campus, and the Friendship Family Program
- Participation in North Central College clubs and recreational sports
- Convenient housing in campus residence halls with U.S. undergraduate students and the International Roommate Program
- Walking distance to downtown Naperville and to the commuter train to Chicago
- Free campus Internet access and laundry
Calendar Overview for ELI Terms
|Fall 1 2021||August 25-October 15, 2021|
|Fall 2 2021||October 20-December 15, 2021|
|Spring 1 2022||January 10-March 2, 2022|
|Spring 2 2022||March 4-May 5, 2022 (college break, no class, March 14-18)|
|Summer 2022||June 13-August 5, 2022|
English Language Institute Cost Estimates
|Cost Estimates: Summer 2021- Spring 2 2022|
|Room & Food||$3,024.00|
|Activity Fee & Books||$145.00|
|Total (per 8 week term)||$6,654.00|
|Cost for One Course|
|Total Cost Per Course||$775.00|